|Course Code :||CHE-2|
|Course Title :||Inorganic Chemistry|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Session :||July 2019 and January 2020 (2019-20)|
|Max Marks :||100|
|Submission Period :||From 1st January, 2020 to 31st December, 2020|
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
Tutor Marked Assignment
Elective Course in Chemistry
Course Code: CHE-02
Assignment Code: CHE-02/TMA/2020
Maximum Marks: 100
Note: Answer all the questions given below.
1. Compare Mendeleev’s Periodic Table with Modern Periodic Table.
2. What is ionisation energy? Explain the difference between electronegativity and ionisation energy
3. What is difference between intermolecular hydrogen bonding and intramolecular hydrogen bonding? Explain with suitable examples
4. Electropositivity, density and atomic radii of alkali metals increase down the group. Explain
5. Write the name and full electronic configuration of the following elements:
i) Be ii) Mg iii) Ca iv) Sr v) Ra
6. What is the significance of diborane ?
7. What is borazine? Draw the valence bond structure of borazine.
8. What is the difference between valency and oxidation state? Give the rule to deduce the oxidation state
9. Discuss nitrogen cycle in your own words.
10. How would you convert benzene into nitrobenzene? What is role of nitric acid in this reaction?
11. Explain the following:
i) Carbon is the only element of Group 14, which forms stable multiple bond with an other carbon.
ii) Trihalide of boron is a trigonal planar molecule. Explain
12. What are different types of carbides? Explain each of them briefly.
13. What are the different types of interhalogen compounds? Draw one structure of each typ
14. Describe VSEPR theory. Draw the structure of the following compounds on the basis of VSEPR theory.
i) XeF4 ii) XeOF4 iii) XeO4 iv) XeF6
15. What is oxoacid? Give any one reaction for preparation of the following;
i) Sulphurous acid
ii) Sulphuric acid
iii) Peroxomonosulphuric acid
iv) Peroxodisulphuric acid
16. Explain why the decrease in atomic radius from sodium to chloride is greater than that from scandium to copper.
17. Why the experimental value of magnetic moments for the transition elements generally differ from the spin-only values.
18. Some of the lanthanides and actinides besides showing + 3 oxidation state also show other oxidation states. Which other factors may be responsible for this?
19. What are ligands? Give three examples with their structures of commonly used ligands.
20. Give details of the process of smelting pertaining to pyrometallurgy.
There are no reviews yet.