CHE-09 Solved Assignment 2018
Course Name: BIOCHEMISTRY
Assignment Code: CHE-09/TMA/2018
- What type of cells are important in biochemical studies and why? Describe the method of fractionation of subcellular organelles, mitochondrea and microsomes.
- Draw the Fischer projection formula of D-glyceraldehyde. Explain the positions of different groups in the molecule. How are the higher sugars assigned configuration on the basis of Fischer projection formula?
- Taking an example, write the reaction of glycoside formation in monosaccharides. What is the significance of this reaction in carbohydrate chemistry?
- How does the presence of double bonds affect the melting point in fatty acids? Explain with the help of two examples.
- What is the striking feature of tRNA bases? How do these bases arise and what is their role?
- What are adequate proteins? Discuss the importance of hydrogen bonds in the stability of protein structure.
- Describe the bonds and forces that stabilise the tertiary globular structure of proteins.
- Explain the mechanism by which enzymes are able to lower the activation energy during a reaction.
- What are antimetabolites? Explain with the help of an example.
- Write the coenzymic form of vitamin B1 and explain its physiological role giving reactions.
- What are coupling reactions? Explain their application in predicting the feasibility of biochemical reactions.
- Write the reaction of the first irreversible step of glycolysis. Why is the reaction irreversible? Explain by calculating the value of equilibrium constant for this reaction using Table 8.1 of Unit 8 of the Biochemistry course.
- Name and write all the types of reactions that the product of glycolysis i.e. pyruvate undergoes with the thiol group of CoA-SH. How are these reactions related to the phenomenon of substate chanelling?
- Describe the relationship of various metabolic pathways with one another during the complete oxidation of glucose illustrating the major branching points.
- Explain the modes of disposal of the energy absorbed by the molecules during photosynthesis.
- Describe the process of replication of DNA giving a diagrammatic representation.
- What are the basic constituents of ribosomes? Explain the role of A and P sites of ribosomes in protein biosynthesis.
- What are the different phases of growth and multiplication of a normal cell? How is a normal cell different from a cancer cell? Enumerate the information provided by the studies on virus-produced cancers.
- What is genetic engineering? Describe the steps involved in the process of gene cloning.
- What are lymphokines? List the categories of lymphokines on the basis of functions these perform.
There are no reviews yet.