|Course Code :||MEG-05|
|Course Title :||Literary Criticism & Theory|
|Program :||MA English|
|Maximum Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2019 and January 2020 (2019-20)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2020 (for July 2019 session)
30th September, 2020 (for January 2020 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
Literary Criticism & Theory
ASSIGNMENT 2019 – 2020
(Based on Blocks 1 – 8)
Max. Marks: 100
Answer all questions.
- Explain the six elements of tragedy according to Aristotle and discuss whether it bears any relevance with regards to a contemporary play you may have read or watched.
- Attempt a brief analysis of the contributions of Wordsworth (Preface to the Lyrical Ballads), Coleridge (Biographia Literaria) and Shelley (A Defence of Poetry) on English Literature?
- What is New Criticism? Who were the main proponents of New Criticism and what was their contribution to literary theory?
- Trace the development of Marxism from Hegel to Althusser.
- Briefly sum up Freud’s ideas about the interpretation of dreams.
There are no reviews yet.