|Program :||MCOM (2nd Year)|
|Course Code :||MCO-5|
|Course Title :||Accounting for Managerial Decisions|
|Max Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2020 and January 2021 (2020-21)|
|Last Date of Submission :||15th March, 2021 (for July 2020 session)
15th September, 2021 (for January 2021 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT
|Course Code||: MCO-05|
|Course Title||: Accounting for Managerial Decisions|
|Assignment Code||: MCO-05/TMA/2020-2021|
|Coverage||: All Blocks|
Maximum marks: 100
Attempt all the questions.
- (a) The elements of cost can be presented in the form of a statement called ‘Cost Sheet’. Comment. Prepare a proforma of cost sheet showing the important components.
(b) Briefly explain the issues addressed under Strategic Cost Management.
- (a) Differentiate between fixed and flexible budgeting.
(b) Define budgeting and budgetary control. What are the essentials of establishment of Budgeting system?
- Prepare a Cash Flow statement from the following balance sheet of ABC Sugars Ltd.
Liabilities 2018 2019 Assets 2018 2019 Share capital
14% mortgage loan
Long term investments
Share issue expenses
10,15,000 12,30,000 10,15,000 12,30,000
Total interest paid during the year amounted to Rs. 37,800
- (a) What do you understand by Standard Costing? Explain the advantages and limitations of Standard Costing.
(b) What is Break Even analysis? Explain the different methods of computing break-even point?
- Calculate the following ratios from the details given below:
a) Current ratio
b) Quick ratio
c) Operating ratio
d) Gross profit ratio
Current assets: Rs.70,000
Net working capital: Rs. 30,000
Inventories: Rs. 30,000
Sales: Rs. 1,40,000
Cost of goods sold: Rs. 68,000
There are no reviews yet.