(Tutor Marked Assignment)
Course Code: LSE- 05
Assignment Code: LSE-05/TMA/2019
Maximum Marks: 100
Part I-(Animal Physiology)
- Describe the function of the following:
(i) Gills Block
(ii) Pacemaker in mammalian heart
(iii) Lung surfactant
(iv) Salt glands in marine birds
(v) Neurotransmitter endorphin
- (a) Describe how contraction of skeletal muscle occurs at molecular level.
(b)Describe the transport of glucose into the epithelial cells of the small intestine during the process of food absorption.
- (a) Explain how carbon dioxide is transported in blood.
(b) Define action potential? Describe how action potential is propagated in a mammalian nerve?
- Write notes on the following:
(a) Haemostatic Mechanism
(b) Peptide hormones and their action
(c) Regulation of kidney function in mammals.
Part II-(Plant Physiology)
- Define the following :
- (a)Define stomatal frequency and stomatal index.
(b)Explain the mechanism of stomatal opening and closing.
- (a)List the function of essential elements and describe any one of them.
(b)Differentiate between macro nutrient and micronutrient. Describe the role of any two micronutrient in plant metabolism.
- Describe the movement of electron from photosystem I and II with the help Z scheme and labeled diagram.
- Highlight the importance of studies of quantitative inheritance.Elaborate an example of inheritance of quantitative traits in humans.
- (a)Describe the properties of phytochrome.
(b)Discuss the use of plant hormones in horticulture.
(c)What is Red drop?
There are no reviews yet.