BHIE-107/EHI-07 Solved Assignment For July 2018 and January 2019 Sessions. Assignment Solution is in PDF Format. Last date of submission is 31st March 2019 (For July 2018 Session) and 30th September (For January 2019 Session).
Following are the questions for this solution.
Modern Europe Mid-18th to Mid-20th Centuries
Course Code: EHI-03
Assignment Code : EHI-03/AST/TMA/2018-19
Total Marks: 100
Section 1: Answer each question in about 500 words each.
- Explain the measures taken by the British state towards modernization.
Write a brief note on Liberalism.
- Define the idea of nationalism and nation-state. ‘Nationalism can support both movements of unification and separation.’ Explain this with reference to the nationalist mobilizations in Europe.
Analyse the factors that contributed to the first socialist revolution in Russia. How did the Russian government try to build socialism in Russia?
Section 2: Answer in about 250 words each.
- ‘Modern democratic politics is not democratic in many essential respects.’ Explain
Discuss the role of masses in overthrowing the Ancien Regime in France.
- ‘The mid 19th century Europe was marked by transformation from monarchical government towards democratization.’ Explain.
Why did industrialization start late in Russia?
- How did the change come in economic position of women in modern Europe?
Discuss the cultural issues that helped the rise of national sentiments in Eastern Europe.
- What was the effect of industrial growth on the rise of cities?
Discuss in brief the process of economic recovery and development in post-World War Europe.
Section 3: Answer in about 100 words each.
- Write short notes on any two of the following:
a) Peasants in modern Europe
b) Missionaries and imperialism
c) The Weimar Republic
d) Ideology of the Nazi Party.