|Course Code :||BSWE-005|
|Course Title :||Introduction to HIV/AIDS|
|Assignment Number :||BSWE-5/TMA/2018-19|
|Maximum Marks :||100|
|Last date of Submission :||31 March, 2019 (for July 2018 Session)
30 September, 2019 (for January 2019 Session)
Note: i. Answer all the five questions.
ii. All questions carry equal marks.
iii. Answer to question no. 1 and 2 should not exceed 500 words each.
1. Define life skill. Explain the life skills that are required in the context of HIV and sexual health education.
Explain the different stages in the development of HIV infection. 20
2. Discuss the role and contribution of PLHAs community in normalizing the epidemic in India.
Critically analyze the situation of HIV/AIDS in India. 20
3. Answer any two of the following questions in about 250 words each:
a) Discuss the ethical issues involved in working with HIV vulnerable population.
b) What is hospice care? Explain the strengths and weakness of hospice care of patients with AIDS.
c) What are the socio-cultural factors in our society that make women vulnerable to HIV infection?
d) Explain the link between poverty and HIV/AIDS.
4. Answer any four of the following in about 150 words each:
a) Write short note on mother to child HIV transmission.
b) Highlight the laws which are useful to enforce the rights of PLHAs.
c) Explain the importance of confidentiality in the context of HIV/AIDS.
d) List some of the myths and misconceptions related to transmission of HIV/AIDS.
e) How HIV is transmitted through blood and blood products?
f) What is the relationship between STDs and HIV infection?
5. Write short notes on any five of the following in about 100 words each:
b) Window period
c) Pre-test counselling
e) ARV Treatment
g) HIV and TB co-infection
h) Universal precautions
There are no reviews yet.