|Course Code :||BLIE-226|
|Course Title :||Management of Library and Information Centre|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||BDP / BLIS|
|Max Marks :||70|
|Session :||July 2019 and January 2020 (2019-20)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2020 (for July 2019 session)
30th September, 2020 (for January 2020 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
Indira Gandhi National Open University
BLIE-226: Management of Library and Information Centre
|Coverage: Blocks: 1 to 4 Units: 1 to 15||Course Code: BLIE-226|
|Course: Management of Library and Information Centre||Assignment Code: AST/TMA/Jul.19-Jan.20|
Total Marks: 70
Note: Answer all questions
I) Answer the following questions in not more than 500 words each. (4X10=40 Marks)
1) How do users judge quality of libraries? Discuss the benefits of ‘quality’ in library services and functions.
2) Stock verification in libraries is a ‘necessary evil’. Discuss the statement highlighting advantages and disadvantages of library stock verification.
3) Discuss the characteristics of service oriented and not-for-profit organisations in the context of financial management of libraries.
4) Discuss the different types of tools used for selection of print and non-print materials in a library. Support the answer with suitable examples.
II) Answer the following questions in not more than 250 words each. (6X5=30 Marks)
1) Elaborate the internal causes for deterioration of print documents in libraries.
2) State the reasons and importance of keeping financial records in a library.
3) Describe the need and advantages of a budgetary control system.
4) Why employees resist change?
5) Explain the need for induction and deployment in libraries.
6) What do you understand by digital preservation?