|Course Code :||BEGS-183|
|Course Title :||Writing and Study Skills|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||BAG / BA (CBCS)|
|Maximum Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2020 and January 2021 (2020-21)|
|Last Date of Submission :||30th April, 2021 (for July 2020 session)
31st October, 2021 (for January 2021 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
Writing and Study Skills
Course Code: BEGS 183
Max. Marks: 100
Answer all the questions in this assignment.
I. Write short notes on the following:
1. Strategies for reading critically.
2. Content words and function words.
3. Etiquette in email.
4. Persuasive writing
5. Using tree diagrams to organise notes.
II. Answer the following in about 150 words each:
6. Explain any three difficulties experienced by second language users in learning English vocabulary.
7. Describe the various steps in the ‘process approach to writing’.
8. ‘Gathering skills’ are important study skills. What do you understand by the term ‘gathering skills’?
9. Explain the ‘Cornell note taking method’.
III. 10. Write a paragraph of about 150 words describing your town / village. (Refer Block 2 Unit 2 of your study material for hints to write the answer). 15
11. Write a composition of about 250 words on the topic:
“Encouraging good reading habits in school children”
(Your answer should have a clear introduction, body and conclusion). 20
There are no reviews yet.