|Course Code :||BEGC-108|
|Course Title :||British Literature: 18th Century|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||BAG / BA (CBCS) / BA English Honours (BAEGH)|
|Maximum Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2021 and January 2022|
|Last Date of Submission :||For June Examination: 31st March 2022
For December Examination: 30th September 2022
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
British Literature: 18th Century
Assignment July 2021 & January 2022 Sessions
(Based on Blocks 1-4)
Max. Marks 100
Answer All Questions.
1. Write short notes in about 200 words each/ answer with reference to the context: 4 × 5 = 20
(i) Whigs and the Tories
(ii) A Tale of A Tub
(iii) The Neo- Classical Age
(iv) The Graveyard School of Poetry
Answer the following in about 300 words each: 4 X 7.5 = 30
1. Examine the theme of paternal disobedience plays in the plot of Robinson Crusoe?
2. What do you understand by the Restoration Period? Highlight some of the characteristics of the age.
3. What purpose do the epigraph and the prologue serve in the play The Way of the World?
4. What was the changed nature of poetry in the mid-18th century? Discuss why this age seems to be a ‘transitional period’?
Answer the following questions in about 400 words each: 5 X 10 = 50
1. Comment on the rise of the genre of the novel with respect to Defoe’s Robinson Crusoe.
2. What do you understand by the term Enlightenment? Does swift question the Enlightenment and modernity?
3. Examine the politico – historical circumstances of 17th and 18th Century England critically.
4. How is The Way of the World a quintessential comedy of manners?
5. Write a detailed note on Gray’s ‘pastoral’ representations of the city versus the country.
Keywords: BEGC-108, BEGC 108, BEGC108, BEGC-108 Assignment Solution, IGNOU Assignment Solution, IGNOU Solution Guide, IGNOU CBCS BA Assignment Solved