|Course Code :||BHIC-131|
|Course Title :||History of India From The Earliest Times To c.300 C.E|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||BAG / BA (CBCS)|
|Maximum Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2019 and January 2020 (2019-20)|
|Last Date of Submission :||30th April, 2020 (for July 2019 session)
31st October, 2020 (for January 2020 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
BHIC-131 : HISTORY OF INDIA FROM THE EARLIEST TIMES TO c.300 C.E.
Tutor Marked Assignments
Course Code: BHIC-131
Assignment Code: ASST /TMA /July 2019 & January 2020
Total Marks: 100
DCQ: Answer any two questions in about 500 words each:
1. What are the problems encountered in the use of literary sources for writing ancient Indian history? Illustrate with examples.
2. How do we reconstruct the nature of the pre-historic hunter-gatherers’ societies ? Discuss.
3. Discuss the nature of religion and religious practices of the Harappans.
4. Describe the revenue administration of the Mauryas.
MCQ: Answer any four questions in about 300 words each:
5. What are the main factors that led to urbanization during c. 6th century BCE?
6. Was the Aryan invasion a myth or a reality? Discuss.
7. Comment on the main factors that led to agricultural growth in c.600 BCE.
8. What was the thrust of the teachings of Mahavira? Discuss.
9. What was the impact of Alexander’s invasion on India?
10. Who were the Muvendars? Discuss the nature of their powers.
11. Discuss the nature of the society in Tamilaham.
12. Comment on the nature of Tamil heroic poems. What were their literary merits?
SCQ: Answer any two in 100 words each:
13. (i) Espionage Department of the Mauryas
(ii) Mahajanapada of Kosala
(iii) Pottery of the Chalcolithic cultures
(iv) Ecological Imbalance and the decline of the Harappan civilization
There are no reviews yet.