|Course Code :||BLI-221|
|Course Title :||Library, Information and Society|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||BDP / BLIS|
|Max Marks :||70|
|Session :||July 2019 and January 2020 (2019-20)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2020 (for July 2019 session)
30th September, 2020 (for January 2020 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
Indira Gandhi National Open University
BLI-221: LIBRARY, INFORMATION AND SOCIETY
TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT
|Coverage: Blocks: 1 to 14 Units: 1 to 14
||Course Code: BLI-221|
|Course: Library, Information and Society
||Assignment Code: AST/TMA/Jul.19-Jan.20|
Total Marks: 70
Note: Answer all questions
I) Answer the following questions in not more than 500 words each. (4×10= 40 Marks)
1) What is Information Society? Discuss its different perceptions.
2) Write an essay on the Information Technology Act, 2000.
3) Describe the activities and services of INFLIBNET.
4) Discuss the role of IFLA in the development of LIS profession
II) Answer the following questions in not more than 250 words each. (6X5=30 Marks)
1) Describe the activities and products of information analysis centers.
2) Discuss the services of a virtual library.
3) Discuss the financial provisions in the public library acts passed in India.
4) Discuss the issues and problems in designing an acceptable ethicalcode for LIS professionals.
5) Explain the need and objectives of resource sharing.
6) State the Five Laws of Library Science. Explain the implications of the Fifth Law