|Course Code :||BBYCT-131|
|Course Title :||Biodiversity (Microbes, Algae, Fungi and Archegoniates)|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||BSCG / B.Sc (CBCS)|
|Maximum Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2020 and January 2021 (2020-21)|
|Submission :||Valid from 1st July, 2020 to 30th June, 2021|
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
Biodiversity (Microbes, Algae, Fungi and Archegoniates)
Course Code: BBYCT-131
Assignment Code: BBYCT-131/TMA/2020-2021
Maximum Marks: 100
Note: Attempt all questions. The marks for each question are indicated against it.
1. a) With the help of well labelled diagram, describe the internal structure of a typical bacterium. Differentiate a bacterial cell from an archaeal cell.
b) Describe the major three mechanisms for genetic recombination in bacteria.
2. a) Are viruses living? Comment.
b) Describe the general structure of RNA virus (TMV) and DNA virus (T- phage)
c) Describe the replication in bacteriophage.
3. a) Make outline diagrams of different types of life cycles in algae.
b) Distinguish between Chytridiomycota and Ascomycota in terms of Ecology.
4. a) List the salient characteristic of three classes of Division Bryophyta.
b) Discuss the role of Bryophytes in soil formation.
5. a) Describe life cycle of a pteridophyte with proper diagram.
b) Compare the reproductive organs and reproduction of Selaginella, Equisetum and Pteris with proper diagrams.
6. Describe the morphology of thallus, vegetative and sexual reproduction in Fucus with the help of clear and well labelled diagrams.
7. Define and differentiate between ecto- and endo-mycorrhiza with the help of clear and well labelled diagrams.
8. Explain the different structural, reproductive and physiological adaptations that have enabled aquatic ancestors to establish on terrestrial habitats.
9. a) Compare and differentiate between roots of Cycas and Pinus with proper diagrams.
b) Give a diagrammatic representation of life cycle of Pinus.
c) Describe the anatomical structure of Pinus stem with proper diagram.
10. Write notes on the following :
i) Telome theory
ii) Types of steles in Pteridophytes
iii) Pollination, fertilization and embryogeny in Cycas
iv) Difference between Gynmnosperms and Angiosperms
v) Economic importance of Gymnosperms as food and medicine.
Keywords: BBYCT-131, BBYCT131, BBYCT 131, BBYCT-131/TMA/2020-2021, BBYCT-131 Assignment Solution, BBYCT 131 Assignment Answers, IGNOU Assignment Help, Assignment Guide, BBYCT 131 ignou assignment, ignou solved assignment, BBYCT 131 solved assignment 2020, BBYCT-131 in English Medium