|Course Code :||MSOE-2|
|Course Title :||Diaspora and Transnational Communities|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||MA (Sociology)|
|Max Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2019 and January 2020 (2019-20)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2020 (for July 2019 session)
30th September, 2020 (for January 2020 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
Indira Gandhi National Open University
Core Course in M.A. Sociology
MSOE-002: Diaspora and Transnational Communities
Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA)
Programme Code: MSO
Course Code: MSOE-002
Assignment Code: MSOE-002/AST/TMA/2019-20
Maximum Marks: 100
Answer any five questions selecting at least two from each Section. Your answer should be in about 500 words each.
1. What do you understand by the term diaspora? What are some of the approaches to understand Diaspora?
2. Describe the migration patterns of Indian Diaspora in Post-independent India.
3. Elaborate on the nature of Indian diaspora in Western Europe.
4. Write note on the problems faced by Indian diaspora in West Asia.
5. Discuss the role of literature in highlighting the diasporic experiences of Indians abroad.
6. Critically evaluate the Indian state policies for mobilizing diasporic connections to homeland.
7. Examine the emerging transnational networks of regional and ethnic diasporic communities.
8. Bring out the relationship between globalization and transnationalism.
There are no reviews yet.