|Course Code :||MSO-4|
|Course Title :||Sociology in India|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||MA (Sociology)|
|Max Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2020 and January 2021 (2020-21)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2021 (for July 2020 session)
30th September, 2021 (for January 2021 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
Indira Gandhi National Open University
Core Course in M.A. Sociology
MSO-004: Sociology in India
Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA)
Programme Code: MSO
Course Code: MSO-004
Assignment Code: MSO-004/AST/TMA/2020-21
Maximum Marks: 100
Answer any five questions selecting at least two from each of the sections. Your answers should be in about 500 words each.
1. Describe the social background of the emergence of sociology in India.
2. What was the significance of village studies in India during the 1950s ? Discuss.
3. Discuss the significance of Census approach towards caste identity and assertion in India.
4. Discuss the major features of descent and alliance approach to study kinship in India
5. Explain the debate between Verrier Elwin and G.S. Ghurye regarding tribes in India.
6. Highlight some of the cohesive and conflict dimensions of religion in India.
7. How does urbanization impact society in India? Explain in the context of the migrants plight today.
8. Define and discuss the meaning of social movements with suitable examples.
There are no reviews yet.