|Course Code :||MSO-4|
|Course Title :||Sociology in India|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||MA (Sociology)|
|Max Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2019 and January 2020 (2019-20)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2020 (for July 2019 session)
30th September, 2020 (for January 2020 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
Indira Gandhi National Open University
Core Course in M.A. Sociology
MSO-004: Sociology in India
Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA)
Programme Code: MSO
Course Code: MSO-004
Assignment Code: MSO-004/AST/TMA/2019-20
Maximum Marks: 100
Answer any five questions selecting at least two from each of the sections. Your answers should be in about 500 words each.
1. Describe the historical roots of Indian Sociology.
2. How did Sociology as a profession grow in India.
3. How did the colonial rulers in India view caste system? Discuss their impact on caste.
4. Is the ideology of purity and pollution the core value of caste or can it be ignored? Discuss.
5. Is family in India changing? Discuss its nature and structure in contemporary India.
6. Discuss the Verrier Elwin and G.S Ghuryes’ debate regarding tribes in India.
7. Does religion impact politics in India or politics impact religion in India? Discuss Critically.
8. What is urbanisation? How is it changing peoples’ life style and culture?
9. Define globalisation and discuss its impact on society in India.
10. What is a social movement? Discuss its various types with examples.