MSO-004 Sociology in India In English Solved Assignment 2022-2023
Indira Gandhi National Open University
Masters in Sociology
MSO-004: Sociology in India
Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA)
Programme Code: MSO
Course Code: MSO-004
Assignment Code: MSO-004/AST/TMA/2022-23
Maximum Marks: 100
|Title Name||MSO-004 Solved Assignment 2022-2023|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2022-2023 Course: MA(Sociology) MSO|
|Session||July 2022 and January 2023 sessions|
|Product||Assignment of MA(Sociology) 2022-2023 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For students admitted in July Batch- 31st March
For students admitted in January Batch- 30th September
Answer any five question selecting at least two from each Section. Your answer should
be in about 500 words each.
1. Describe and discuss the socio-historical background of the emergence of
Sociology in India.
2. Discuss with suitable examples the major research trends in Sociology in India. 20
3. Define the concept of caste and discuss the colonial perspective on caste with
4. Explain with examples the forces of social and technological changes that
impact the family institution in India.
5. Distinguish between North Indian and South Indian kinship system. 20
6. What are the major agrarian classes in India? Discuss with reference to the
contributions of different Sociologists.
7. Discuss the main features of middle class in India with suitable examples. 20
8. Discuss critically the concepts of caste, class and gender in India. 20
9. How does migration affect the rural and urban societies both during a social or
natural disaster like an epidemic or earthquake.
10. Write short notes on any two of the following:
a) Concept of urban and urbanism
b) Globalisation in India
c) Social movements: Old and New
d) Social change and its impact on marriage pattern in India.
MSO-004, MSO-04, MSO 004, MSO 04, MSO004, MSO04, MSO-4, MSO4, MSO