|Course Code :||MSO-3|
|Course Title :||Research Methodologies and Methods|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||MA (Sociology)|
|Max Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2020 and January 2021 (2020-21)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2021 (for July 2020 session)
30th September, 2021 (for January 2021 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
Indira Gandhi National Open University
Core Course in M.A. Sociology
MSO-003: Sociology of Development
Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA)
Programme Code: MSO
Course Code: MSO-003
Assignment Code: MSO-003/AST/TMA/2020-21
Maximum Marks: 100
Answer any five questions selecting at least two from each of the sections. Your answers should be in about 500 words each.
1. Examine the multiple connotations of the term development.
2. Critically evaluate the social and human dimension to the notion of development.
3. What is the relationship between Gender and Development? Discuss.
4. Critically evaluate World System Analysis as way to understand development.
5. Critically evaluate the contribution of Dependency Theorist to explain unequal economic systems.
6. Discuss the main features of participatory approach to resource management.
7. Explain the idea of ethno-development with suitable examples.
8. Examine the major debates regarding population growth and control.