|Course Code :||MSO-2|
|Course Title :||Research Methodologies and Methods|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||MA (Sociology)|
|Max Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2021 and January 2022 (2021-22)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2022 (for July 2021 session)
30th September, 2022 (for January 2022 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
Indira Gandhi National Open University
Core Course in M.A. Sociology
MSO-002: Research Methodologies and Methods
Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA)
Programme Code: MSO
Course Code: MSO-002
Assignment Code: MSO-002/AST/TMA/2021-22
Maximum Marks: 100
Answer questions from both the sections.
Answer any two of the following questions
1. What is empiricism? Discuss with reference to the contribution of David Hume. 25
2. What is ethnography? In what way does it differ from survey research? 25
3. Critically examine the nature and scope of comparative method in social science research. 25
4. Discuss the participatory approach to social research. 25
5. Explain the historical method of research in social sciences. 25
Write a research report on any one of the following topics in about 3000 words.
1. Role of the State in a pandemic situation. 50
2. Role of youth in contemporary Indian society. 50
3. Significance of online education in India. 50
You can write this report based either on review of literature, or data collected from the primary sources.
You can write this report based either on review of literature, or data collected from the primary
For review of literature you are to select either two books or four research articles published recently on the selected topic of your choice. Write a review article focusing on the location of the study, methodology followed and the main findings of these studies.
For the primary source you are to collect two case studies and write a report on the selected topic in a comparative framework. While writing the report spell out clearly the objectives and the problems of the study and
- problematise the issue within the existing/available literature,
- elaborate your observations, finding and conclusion coherently, and
- make proper referencing at the end.
Questions answered in the solution: From Section A – Q4 (participatory approach to social research), Q5 (historical method of research) and from Section B – Q3 (Significance of online education in India.).
Keywords: MSO-002, MSO002, MSO 002, MSO-02, MSO02, MSO 02, MSO-2, MSO2, MSO 2
There are no reviews yet.