|Course Code :||MSO-1|
|Course Title :||Sociological Theories and Concepts|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||MA (Sociology)|
|Max Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2020 and January 2021 (2020-21)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2021 (for July 2020 session)
30th September, 2021 (for January 2021 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
Indira Gandhi National Open University
Core Course in M.A. Sociology
MSO-001: Sociological Theories and Concepts
Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA)
Programme Code: MSO
Course Code: MSO-001
Assignment Code: MSO-001/AST/TMA/2020-21
Maximum Marks: 100
Answer any five questions selecting at least two from each of the sections. Your answers should be in about 500 words each.
Answer the following questions in about 500 words each
1. Discuss the concept of social reality in the context of symbolic universe.
2. Discuss the relationship between theory and paradigm.
3. Critically examine the theory of neo-functionalism.
4. Discuss the concept of liberty in the writings of Isaiah Berlin.
5. Explain Malinowski’s Scientific Theory of Culture.
Answer the following questions in about 500 words each.
6. Discuss Foucault’s concept of ‘archaeology of knowledge’.
7. What is sovereignty? Discuss the difference between internal and external sovereignty.
8. Explain the functional perspective on social stratification.
9. Examine the perspectives of Kinsley Davis, Wilbert Moore and Melvin Tumin on social inequality.
10. Discuss Karl Marx’s perspective on class. 20
There are no reviews yet.