|Course Code :||MPSE-3|
|Course Title :||Western Political Thought (From Plato to Marx)|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||MA (Political Science)|
|Max Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2019 and January 2020 (2019-20)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2020 (for July 2019 session)
30th September, 2020 (for January 2020 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
Indira Gandhi National Open University
WESTERN POLITICAL THOUGHT (From Plato to Marx) (MPSE-003)
Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA)
Course Code: MPSE-003
Assignment Code: ASST/TMA/2019-20
Answer any five questions in about 500 words each. Attempt at least two questions from each section. Each question carries 20 marks.
1. Discuss the major contents of western political thought. What is the significance of western political thought?
2. Explain J.S. Mill’s contribution to liberalism and equal rights for women.
3. Examine Aristotle’s theory of Justice.
4. Explain St. Thomas Aquinas’ views on law and the state.
5. Discuss Machiavelli’s doctrine of self-aggrandizement– “the ends justify the means.”
Write a short note on the following in about 250 words each.
6. a) Thomas Hobbes on the state of nature and natural rights
b) John Lock on consent, resistance and toleration
7. a) Rousseau’s critique of civil society
b) Edmund Burke’s views on citizenship
8. a) Immanuel Kant on property, social contract and the state
b) Jeremy Bentham’s political philosophy
9. a) Alex De Tocqueville on democracy, revolution and the modern State
b) Rousseau’s General Will
10. a) Hegel’s philosophy of history
b) Marx’s theory of alienation
Keywords: mpse-003, mpse-3, mpse-03, mpse003, mpse3, mpse 003 solved assignment, ignou mpse 003 solved assignment, mpse 003 solved assignment 2019-20, mpse 003 pdf, ignou assignment, buy ignou solved assignments, ignou assignment online buy, mpse-003 assignment answers, ma political science 2nd year