|Course Code :||MPSE-3|
|Course Title :||Western Political Thought (From Plato to Marx)|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||MA (Political Science)|
|Max Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2021 and January 2022 (2021-22)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2021 (for July 2021 session)
30th September, 2022 (for January 2022 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
Indira Gandhi National Open University
WESTERN POLITICAL THOUGHT (From Plato to Marx) (MPSE-003)
Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA)
Course Code: MPSE-003
Assignment Code: ASST/TMA/2021-22
Answer any five questions in about 500 words each. Attempt at least two questions from each section. Each question carries 20 marks.
1. Distinguish between political thought and political science.
2. Discuss Plato’s methodology.
3. Write a note on Aristotle’s theory of Justice.
4. What are St. Augustine’s views on state, property, war and slavery? Examine.
5. Elaborate upon Machiavelli’s Doctrine of Aggrandisement.
Write a short note on the following in about 250 words each.
6. a) Thomas Hobbes on state of nature and natural rights
b) John Locke on consent, resistance and toleration
7. a) Rousseau’s critique of civil society
b) Edmund Burke’s critique of natural rights and social contract
8. a) Immanuel Kant’s transcendental–idealist view of human nature
b) Bantham’s “The Panopticon”
9. a) J. S. Mill on equal rights for women
b) Hegel’s philosophy of history
10. a) Marx’s theory of alienation
b) Marx’s vision of a communist society
Keywords: mpse-003, mpse-3, mpse-03, mpse003, mpse3, mpse 003 solved assignment, ignou mpse 003 solved assignment, mpse 003 solved assignment 2021-22, mpse 003 pdf, ignou assignment, buy ignou solved assignments, ignou assignment online buy, mpse-003 assignment answers, ma political science 2nd year
There are no reviews yet.