|Course Code :||MPS-4|
|Course Title :||Comparative Politics : Issues and Trends|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||MA (Political Science)|
|Max Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2019 and January 2020 (2019-20)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2020 (for July 2019 session)
30th September, 2020 (for January 2020 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
Indira Gandhi National Open University
COMPARATIVE POLITICS: ISSUES AND TRENDS (MPS-004)
Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA)
Course Code: MPS-004
Assignment Code: ASST/TMA/2019-20
Maximum Marks: 100
Answer five questions in all, selecting at least two questions from each section. Each question is to be answered in about 500 words. Each question carries 20 marks.
1. Critically examine dependency theory as a paradigm of understanding underdevelopment in post-colonial societies.
2. Explain the basic tenets of David Easton’s general system theory.
3. What is a state? Analyse the difference between Marxist and social contract theory of the origin of states.
4. What is nationalism? What are the different approaches to the study of nationalism?
5. Evaluate the impact of globalization on nature and functioning of states.
Write a short note on each part of the question in about 250 words.
6. a) Gabriel Almond’s Structural Functional Approach
b) Regional integration in South East Asia
7. a) Patterns of anti-colonial struggles
b) Gandhian perspective of the modern State
8. a) International organization and state sovereignty
b) Scramble of Africa
9. a) Neo-Marxism
b) State building and nation building
10. a) Political economy approach in Comparative Politics
b) Role of civil society in democracy