|Course Code :||MPS-3|
|Course Title :||India : Democracy and Development|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||MA (Political Science)|
|Max Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2019 and January 2020 (2019-20)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2020 (for July 2019 session)
30th September, 2020 (for January 2020 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
Indira Gandhi National Open University
INDIA: DEMOCRACY AND DEVELOPMENT (MPS-003)
Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA)
Course Code: MPS-003
Assignment Code: Asst/TMA/2019-20
Maximum Marks: 100
Answer any five questions in about 500 words each. Attempt at least two questions from each section. Each question carries 20 marks.
1. Discuss the significance of the 73rd Constitutional Amendment in Indian democracy
2. Critically examine the following in about 250 words each:
a) The idea of planning
b) The Karachi resolution
3. Discuss the main challenges of ethnicity for the nation-state of India.
4. Critically Examine the Basic Minimum Needs approach towards human development.
5. “Political Participation has made the Indian democracy more inclusive”. Explain your views on this statement.
Write a short note on the following in about 250 words each.
6. Write notes on the following in about 250 words each:
a) Gender and Development
b) Judicial Review
7. Write notes on the following in about 250 words:
a) Characteristics of Migrants
b) Principles of Sustainable Development
8. How democracy and development are related to each other? Comment.
9. Analyse the following in about 250 words:
a) Economic consequences of liberalisation
b) Role of media in Indian democracy
10. Enumerate the similarities and differences between substantive and procedural types of democracy.
There are no reviews yet.