|Course Code :||MPS-2|
|Course Title :||International Relations: Theory and Problems|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||MA (Political Science)|
|Max Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2020 and January 2021 (2020-21)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2021 (for July 2020 session)
30th September, 2021 (for January 2021 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
Indira Gandhi National Open University
INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS: THEORY AND PROBLEMS (MPS-002)
Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA)
Course Code: MPS-002
Assignment Code: Asst/TMA/2020-21
Maximum Marks: 100
Answer five questions in all, selecting at least two questions from each section. Each question is to be answered in about 500 words. Each question carries 20 marks.
1. Identify the core assumptions of realist theory of International Relations. Explain how classical realist’s view of international politics is different from structural realist view.
2. Describe the nature and characteristics of the state in the Third World.
3. The North continues to be a voracious consumer and the South continues to be in want and misery’. Assess the statement in the context of global environmental degradation.
4. How does feminism define power? Explain the core ideas of feminism in international relations.
5. In what ways regionalism acts as catalyst for peace and stability. Give your assessment in the context of ASEAN’s role.
Write a short note on the following in about 250 words each.
6. (a) Globalization and globalism
(b) Democratic peace theory
7. (a) Theory of center and periphery
(b) WTO and developing countries
8. (a) Theory of nuclear deterrence
(b) Marxist approach to the study of IR
9. (a) Ricardo’s theory of comparative advantage
(b) ‘Tied’ aid and ‘untied’ aid
10. (a) ‘Self-help’ system
(b) South-South cooperation
Keywords: MPS-002, MPS002, MPS-2, MPS2, MPS 002 Solved Assignment in English Mediun, IGNOU Assignment Solution Guide, MPS-002 International Relations : Theory and Problems Assignment Solution, MA Political Science First Year Answer Key, PDF Softcopy Assignment Solutions
There are no reviews yet.