|Course Code :||MPS-1|
|Course Title :||Political Theory|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||MA (Political Science)|
|Max Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2019 and January 2020 (2019-20)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2020 (for July 2019 session)
30th September, 2020 (for January 2020 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
Indira Gandhi National Open University
POLITICAL THEORY (MPS-001)
Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA)
Course Code: MPS-001
Assignment Code: Asst/TMA/2019-20
Maximum Marks: 100
Answer five questions in all, selecting at least two questions from each section. Each question is to be answered in about 500 words. Each question carries 20 marks.
1. Explain the major functions and significance political theory.
2. Discuss the meaning, nature and evolution of democracy in the 20th century.
3. Critically examine the Rawls authoritarian conception of social justice.
4. Explain the concept sovereignty and the pluralistic critique of Anstey’s sovereignty.
5. Explain the meaning, nature and Marxist conception of equality.
Write a short note on the following in about 250 words each.
6. (a) Duties and Rights
(b) Marxist view of Democracy
7. (a) Rise of liberalism
(b) Welfare state today
8. (a) Historical Materialism
(b) Rise and growth of Nationalism
9. (a) Mao’s motion of Democracy
(b) Marxism and Democratic Socialism
10. (a) Theories of Nationalism
(b) Human Rights
There are no reviews yet.