MPA-016: DECENTRALISATION AND LOCAL GOVERNANCE
(Tutor Marked Assignment)
Course Code: MPA-016
Assignment Code: MPA-016/Asst/TMA/2017-2018
This Assignment consists of Section – I and Section- II. There are five questions in each section. You have to answer a total of five questions in about 500 words each, selecting at least two questions from each section. Each question carries 20 marks.
1. Discuss the evolution and significance of democratic decentralisation in India.
2. Examine the Constitutional dimensions of democratic decentralisation in India.
3. Examine the operational framework of empowerment and suggest measures for effective empowerment.
4. ‘Bhagidari, a programme of Government-Citizen Partnership, can be termed as a model of good governance’. Comment.
5. Examine the role of Panchayati Raj Institution (PRIs) as an Instrument of social transformation. .
6. Explain the significance of capacity buildingat the local level.
7. ‘The 74th Constitutional Amendment Act, 1992, empowers the municipalities to function as an effective institution of local self-governance’ Examine.
8. Write a note on modalities for people’s participation.
9. What are the basic constraints in micro-level planning?
10. Define sustainable development and explain its interlinkages with governance.