|Course Code :||MEG-05|
|Course Title :||Literary Criticism & Theory|
|Program :||MA English|
|Maximum Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2021 and January 2022 (2021-22)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2022 (for July 2021 session)
30th September, 2022 (for January 2022 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
Literary Criticism & Theory
ASSIGNMENT 2021 – 2022
(Based on Blocks (1 – 8)
Max. Marks: 100
Answer all questions.
1. Bring out the salient features of Plato’s attack on poetry’
2. Write short notes on the following:
a) Aristotle’s theory of tragedy
b) Poet as “a man speaking to men”
c) The woman as the ‘second sex’
d) Base-superstructure relationship in Marxist criticism
3. How are myths and archetypes examined to grasp the significance of twentieth century English writing? Explain.
4. What is Structuralism? How is it helpful in grasping the appeal and intent of a literary text?
5. Postmodernism lays special emphasis on identity and difference. Discuss.
Keywords: MEG-05, MEG05, MEG 05, MEG-5, MEG5, MEG 5
There are no reviews yet.