MEG-01 Solved Assignment 2018-19 (British Poetry). IGNOU MA Assignment Solution Valid For July 2018 and January 2019 Sessions
MEG – 01: BRITISH POETRY
ASSIGNMENT 2018 – 2019
Based on Blocks (1 – 10)
Max. Marks: 100
Answer all questions.
1. Explain any two of the excerpts of poems given below with reference to their context: 10 X 2 = 20
(i) Oh there is blessing in this gentle breeze,
A visitant that while it fans my cheek
Doth seem half conscious of the joy it brings
From the green fields, and from yon azure sky.
(ii) We sat grown quiet at the name of love;
We saw the last embers of daylight die,
And in the trembling blue-green of the sky
A moon, worn as if it had been a shell
Washed by time’s waters as they rose and fell
About the stars and broke in days and years.
(iii) All humane things are subject to decay,
And, when Fate summons, Monarchs must obey:
(iv) And thereupon
That beautiful mild woman for whose sake
There’s many a one shall find out all heartache
On finding that her voice is sweet and low
Replied, ‘To be born woman is to kno,,rr-
Although they do not talk of it at school-
That we must labour to be beautiful.’
(v) Tyger! Tyger! burning bright,
In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or eye,
Dare frame thy fearful symmetry
(vi) I wonder by my troth, what thou, and I
Did, till we lov’d? were we not wean’d till
But suck’d on countrey pleasures, childishly?
Or snorted we i’ the seaven sleepers den?
2. What are the main features of metaphysical potery? Give examples from the poets and the poems in the course.
3. Does the Dejection: An Ode contain any elements of what comprises Romanticism? Discuss with examples.
4. Write an essay on Dylan Thomas’s use of images in his poetry?
5. Would you consider Sylvia Plath’s Daddy to be an expression against the voice of patriarchy? Comment critically.
There are no reviews yet.