|Course Code :||MEC-109|
|Course Title :||Research Methods in Economics|
|Program :||MA Economics / MEC|
|Max Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2020 and January 2021 (2020-21)|
|Last Date of Submission :||15th March, 2021 (for July 2020 session)
15th September, 2021 (for January 2021 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT
MEC-109: RESEARCH METHODS IN ECONOMICS
Course Code: MEC-109
Assignment Code: MEC-109/AST/2020-21
Maximum Marks: 100
1. All questions are compulsory.
2. Questions in Section A carry 20 marks each and are to be answered in about 700 words each.
3. Questions in Section B carry 12 marks each and are to be answered in about 400 words each
1. What are the key features of interpretative philosophy of science? Using a suitable example from economics, select a theme and write a proposal in about 500 words using interpretative research methodology.
2. Distinguish between tools of data collection and methods of data collection. Discuss the various methods of Random Sampling. How will you decide the suitable method of data collection among various random sampling methods?
3. State the different functional forms of regression model. How do you interpret the estimated slope coefficient β of a log linear regression model?
4. State the properties of Lorenz Curve. When will comparison between two Lorenz curves fail to compare inequality in two distributions?
5. What is correspondence analysis? Explain with example the various steps involved in correspondence analysis.
6. What is participatory research? Identify the various steps involved in data analysis of participatory research.
7. Name the different sources that provide data on employment. Explain the different measures of employment and unemployment used by NSSO in different quinquennial surveys.
Keywords: MEC-109, MEC109, MEC 109, MEC-009, MEC 009, MEC009, MEC-9, MEC9, MEC 9
There are no reviews yet.