|Course Code :||MEC-108|
|Course Title :||Economics of Social Sector and Environment|
|Program :||MA Economics / MEC|
|Max Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2020 and January 2021 (2020-21)|
|Last Date of Submission :||15th March, 2021 (for July 2020 session)
15th September, 2021 (for January 2021 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT
MEC-108: ECONOMICS OF SOCIAL SECTOR AND ENVIRONMENT
Course Code: MEC-108
Assignment Code: MEC-108/AST/2020-21
Maximum Marks: 100
Note: Answer all the questions. While questions in Section A carry 20 marks each (to be answered in about 500 words each) those in Section B carry 12 marks each (to be answered in about 300 words each). In the case of numerical questions word limits do not apply.
1) Discuss the various situations of ‘market failure’ leading to environmental degradation.
2) Discuss the significance of ‘efficiency wage’ in contributing to health and productivity of workers.
3) Explain how ‘poverty’ is not the sole determinant of malnutrition.
4) Specify the fundamental challenges of using the non-renewable resources optimally.
5) Derive the results for the optimal use of renewable resources under the discrete and continuous time frames.
6) Describe the concept of ‘quasi markets’ in the provisioning of public services.
7) Derive the conditions of optimality for buying health insurance in cases of absence/presence of free riders.
Keywords: MEC-108, MEC108, MEC 108
There are no reviews yet.