(Tutor Marked Assignment)
Course Code: LSE- 06
Assignment Code: LSE-06/TMA/2019
Maximum Marks: 100
Part I (Plant Development)
- Make neat and labelled diagrams of the following:
i)Types of ovules,
iii)Cross-section of fruit of Pyrus malus, and
iv)Storied and non-storied cambium.
- Write short notes on the following:
i)Morphological changes accompanying floral induction,
ii)Production of haploids by tissue culture,
iii)Abscission of leaves and fruits,and
iv)Variants of endosperm.
- Prepare a detailed account on types of incompatibility, its biological significance and methods to overcome it.
Part II (Animal Development)
- Answer the following briefly:
i) List out the different germ layers present in the gastrula.
ii) Name the three zones from the outer to the inner side of neural retina.
iii) List the three stages of carcinogenesis.
iv) Differentiate between the premetamorphosis and prometamorphorsisstages during anuran metamorphosis.
v) How does the Rubellain a 4-5 weeks pregnant virus infection woman affect the unborn baby?
- Explain with neat, labelled diagrams the following:
i) Stages in vertebrate spermatogenesis.
ii) Circulatory system changes during human development from foetal toinfant stage.
iii) Incomplete extensive metamorphosis in dragon flies.
iv) The process of cell death in the control of pattern formation of limbs.
- i) What physiological and biochemical changes occur as a consequence of aging?
ii) Describe the process of regeneration in planarians.
- i) Explain how metastasis occurs in cancer.
ii) Describe the process of morphogenesis of mesodermal derivatives in vertebrates
There are no reviews yet.