|Course Code :||ESO-15|
|Course Title :||Society and Religion|
|Maximum Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2020 and January 2021 (2020-21)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2021 (for July 2020 session)
30th September, 2021 (for January 2021 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
Indira Gandhi National Open University
Elective Course in Sociology: ESO-15
Society and Religion
Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA)
Maximum Marks: 100
Programme Code: BDP
Course Code: ESO-15
Assignment Code: ESO-15/AST/TMA/2020-21
Answer all the questions.
Answer the following questions in about 500 words each.
1. Explain the concept of symbols.
2. Explain the significance of life-cycle rituals of birth, marriage and death.
Answer the following questions in about 250 words each.
3. Discuss the concept of civil religion.
4. Examine the influence of religion on cultural order.
5. Discuss Turner’s thesis on the social significance of pilgrimages.
6. Describe the nature of religious pluralism in India.
Answer the following questions in about 100 words each.
7. What are the main features of Sufism?
8. What is shaman?
There are no reviews yet.