|Course Code :||ESO-14|
|Course Title :||Society and Stratification|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Maximum Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2020 and January 2021 (2020-21)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2021 (for July 2020 session)
30th September, 2021 (for January 2021 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
Indira Gandhi National Open University
Elective Course in Sociology-14
Society and Stratification
Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA)
Maximum Marks: 100
Programme Code: BDP
Course Code: ESO-14
Assignment Code: ESO-14/AST/TMA/2020-2021
Answer all the questions.
Answer the following questions in about 500 words each.
1. Critically examine the functionalist approach to the study of Caste. 20
2. Explain the relationship between caste and class in Indian society. 20
Answer the following questions in about 250 words each.
3. What were the central issues raised by the DMK movement? 12
4. Examine the role of media in gender stereotyping. 12
5. Discuss the nature of tribal movements in Post Independent India. 12
6. Explain with suitable examples the factors that influence social mobility. 12
Answer the following questions in about 100 words each.
7. What do you understand by the term minorities? 06
8. Differentiate between vertical and horizontal mobility. 06
ESO-14, ESO14, ESO 14, ESO 14 2020-2020
There are no reviews yet.