|Course Code :||ESO-13|
|Course Title :||Sociological Thought|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Maximum Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2020 and January 2021 (2020-21)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2021 (for July 2020 session)
30th September, 2021 (for January 2021 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
Indira Gandhi National Open University
Elective Course in Sociology
Sociological Thought: ESO-13
Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA)
Maximum Marks: 100
Programme Code: BDP
Course Code: ESO-13
Assignment Code: ESO-13/AST/TMA/2020-2021
Answer all the questions.
Answer the following in about 500 words each.
1. Analyse Karl Marx’s notion of alienation. 20
2. Discuss central ideas of George Simmel. 20
Answer the following questions in about 250 words each.
3. Discuss the concept of Power and Authority as elaborated by Max Weber. 12
4. Discuss Pareto’s theory of Circulation of Elites. 12
5. Discuss the concept of social solidarity. 12
6. Discuss Parsons’ pattern variables. 12
Answer the following questions in about 100 words each.
7. Differentiate between function and dysfunction. 06
8. Write a note on the concept of Ideal Types. 06
ESO-13, ESO13, ESO 13, ESO 13 2020-2021