|Course Code :||ESO-11|
|Course Title :||The Study of Society|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Maximum Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2020 and January 2021 (2020-21)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2021 (for July 2020 session)
30th September, 2021 (for January 2021 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
INDIRA GANDHI NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY
Elective Course in Sociology
ESO-11: The Study of Society
Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA)
Maximum Marks: 100
Programme Code: BDP
Course Code: ESO-11
Assignment Code: ESO-11/AST/TMA/2020-21
Answer all the questions.
Answer the following in about 500 words each.
1. Discuss the nature and scope of sociology. 20
2. Why is social control important for all societies? Discuss some of its methods. 20
Answer the following in about 250 words each.
3. Discuss some of the major contributions of Emile Durkheim. 12
4. How are status and role related? Discuss. 12
5. Discuss the role of family in different societies. 12
6. What do you understand by mixed religion? Explain. 12
Answer the following in about 100 words each.
7. What are primary groups? 06
8. What is an acephalous society? 06
ESO-11, ESO11, ESO 11, ESO 11 2020-2021