|Course Code :||EPS-15|
|Course Title :||South Asia: Economy Society and Politics|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Maximum Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2019 and January 2020 (2019-20)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2020 (for July 2019 session)
30th September, 2020 (for January 2020 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
EPS-15: SOUTH ASIA: ECONOMY, SOCIETY AND POLITICS
Course Code: EPS-15
Assignment Code: EPS-15/ASST/TMA/2019-20
Total Marks: 100
Answer questions in each category. Answer in your own words.
A) DCQ: Answer any two of the following in about 500 words each.
1. Globalization has eroded the sovereignty of nation-states in Asia. Comment.
2. What prompted India to go nuclear? Highlight the main elements of India’s nuclear doctrine.
3. Environment degradationis a human security threat in South Asia? Explain.
4 .What is your assessment on India’s position and potential as a major power?
B) MCQ: Answer the following in about 250 words each.
5. What is ‘soft power’? Identify some elements of India’s ‘soft power’.
6. Write a note on the condition of human rights issue in South Asia.
7. Describe the consequences of liberalization and SAPs in Bangladesh.
8. Why is South Asia termed as a nuclear flash point?
9. Highlight the major challenges confronting SAARC in realizing its objectives.
10. Discuss the status of ethnic minorities in Pakistan.
11. Comment on the role of military institutions in the politics of Pakistan.
12. ‘Gujaral Doctrine’ in India’s foreign policy.
C) SCQ: Write a note on the following in about 100 words each.
i) Ethnic conflict in Sri Lanka
ii) India-Bhutan relations
iii) Washington Consensus
iv) India-Maldives relations
There are no reviews yet.