|Course Code :||EHI-6|
|Course Title :||History of China and Japan (1840-1949)|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||BA / BDP|
|Max Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2020 and January 2021 (2020-21)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2021 (for July 2020 session)
30th September, 2021 (for January 2021 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
EHI-06 : History of China and Japan (1840-1949)
Course Code: EHI-06
Assignment Code: AST/TMA/2020-21
Total Marks: 100
Note: All questions are compulsory. Marks are indicated against each question.
Section 1: Answer each question in about 500 words.
1. Discuss the nature and forms of imperialist expansion in China after the Opium Wars.
Analyse the reasons for the decline of the Tokugawa system. 20
2. Discuss the factors that contributed to the growth of nationalism in China.
Explain major political and economic developments in Japan between 1952-1973. 20
Section 2: Answer each question in about 250 words.
3. Analyse the Tokugawa social structure.
Write a note on traditional Chinese society and its main social divisions. 12
4. Discuss Japan’s relations with the Western countries till the Meiji restoration.
Analyse the factors that contributed to the downfall of the Taipings. 12
5. Write a note on the Meiji constitution.
Discuss the impact of New Youth on the Chinese intellectuals. 12
6. How did nationalist sentiment and education policy help in justifying military rule in
Explain the major reforms introduced by the new regime after the Chinese Revolution in 1949. 12
Section 3: Answer in about 100 words each.
1. Write short notes on any two of the following: 6 + 6
i) The Kuomintang
ii) Open Door Policy
iii) The Samurai
iv) Yuan Shi-Kai.
Keywords: EHI-06, EHI06, EHI 06, EHI-6, EHI 6, EHI6