|Course Code :||EHI-6|
|Course Title :||History of China and Japan (1840-1949)|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||BA / BDP|
|Max Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2019 and January 2020 (2019-20)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2020 (for July 2019 session)
30th September, 2020 (for January 2020 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
EHI-06 : History of China and Japan (1840-1949)
Course Code: EHI-06
Assignment Code: AST/TMA/2019-20
Total Marks: 100
Note: All questions are compulsory. Marks are indicated against each question.
Section 1: Answer each question in about 500 words.
1. Discuss the context and significance of the Self-Strengthening Movement and Hundred Days Reforms in China.
Analyse the economic, social and political programme of People’s Republic in China. 20
2. Discuss the attempts made by the foreign powers to establish their control over Japan in the mid19th century.
What led to the failure of political parties and the rise of militarism in Japan? 20
Section 2: Answer each question in about 250 words.
3. Analyse the nature and impact of Taiping Rebellion.
Write a note on Confucianism and Taoism. 12
4. Discuss the emergence of the Chinese bourgeoisie as a social force.
Analyse the factors that contributed to the rise of nationalism in China. 12
5. Discuss the debates on the Meiji Restoration in Japan.
Explain the developments in religion and culture in Japan during the Tokugawa period. 12
6. Analyse the impact of the First World War on the polity and economy of Japan.
Explain the emergence of Japan as an imperialist power during the period 1894-1912. 12
Section 3: Answer in about 100 words each.
7. Write short notes on any two of the following:
i) Yangwu Movement
iii) The Red Army
iv) Japanese Constitution
There are no reviews yet.