|Course Code :||EHI-5|
|Course Title :||India from mid 18th to mid 19th Century|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||BA / BDP|
|Max Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2019 and January 2020 (2019-20)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2020 (for July 2019 session)
30th September, 2020 (for January 2020 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
India from mid 18th to mid 19th Century
Course Code: EHI-05
Assignment Code: EHI-05/AST/TMA/2019-20
Total Marks: 100
Note: All questions are compulsory. Marks for each question are mentioned against it.
Section 1: Answer each question in about 500 words each.
1. Was the 18th century in India a ‘Dark Age’? Discuss.
Did the Charter Act of 1833 fulfill is purpose? Elaborate.
2. Compare and contrast the processes of state formation in Mysore and Hyderabad.
How did western knowledge shape the Indian mind? Discuss.
Section 2: Answer each question in about 250 words each.
3. Discuss in brief the Hindi-Urdu controversy.
Did the Burma wars of the British meet their objectives? Comment.
4. How were the utilitarians different from the orientalists? Discuss in brief.
What were the objectives of the Permanent Settlement? Discuss.
5. Was the rule of law successful in India? Comment.
Why did the Revolt of 1857 fail? Discuss.
6. Discuss the evolution of the civil services in India.
What is deindustrialization? Discuss.
Section 3: Answer in about 100 words each.
7. Write short notes on any two of the following:
i) Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar
iii) Awadh in the 18th century
iv) Sanyasi Rebellion
There are no reviews yet.