|Course Code :||EHI-2|
|Course Title :||India: Earliest Times to 800 A.D.|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||BA / BDP|
|Max Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2020 and January 2021 (2020-21)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2021 (for July 2020 session)
30th September, 2021 (for January 2021 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
India: Earliest Times to 800 A.D.
Course Code: EHI-02
Assignment Code: EHI-02/AST/TMA/2020-21
Total Marks: 100
Note: All questions are compulsory. Marks are indicated against each question.
Section 1: Answer each question in about 500 words.
1. Discuss the causes for the decline of the Harappan civilization. 20
What are the main features of the economy, society and polity of the Early Vedic period?
2. Discuss the administration of the Mauryas. 20
Discuss Gupta polity and administration.
Section 2: Answer each question in about 250 words.
3. List the sixteen mahajanapadas which emerged in the sixth century BC. What were the changes
that occurred in the society in the 6th century BC with reference to gahapatis and merchants? 12
Discuss the Megalithic culture of India.
4. What were the main features of trade and urbanization in the post-Mauryan period? 12
Discuss Stupa architecture in early India.
5. Discuss the early state formation in the Deccan region. 12
Discuss the growth of Tamil language and literature.
6. Discuss Ashoka’s Dhamma. 12
Write a note on the post-Gupta kingdoms in north India.
Section 3: Answer in about 100 words each.
7. Write short notes on any two of the following: 6 + 6
i) Gautama Buddha
iii) Gandhara school of art
iv) Rock-cut architecture
Keywords: EHI-02, EHI02, EHI 02, EHI2, EHI-2, EHI 2
There are no reviews yet.