|Course Code :||EHI-2|
|Course Title :||India: Earliest Times to 800 A.D.|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||BA / BDP|
|Max Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2019 and January 2020 (2019-20)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2020 (for July 2019 session)
30th September, 2020 (for January 2020 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
India: Earliest Times to 800 A.D.
Course Code: EHI-02
Assignment Code: EHI-02/AST/TMA/2019-20
Total Marks: 100
Note: All questions are compulsory. Marks are indicated against each question.
Section 1: Answer each question in about 500 words.
1. Discuss the town planning, drainage and architectural features of Harappan civilisation.
Write on the sources for reconstructing the history of the Vedic period.
2. What were the main features of economy and society of the Mauryas?
Examine the changes in economy and society of the Guptas.
Section 2: Answer each question in about 250 words.
3. What do you understand by the term ‘Mesolithic’? What are the main features of Indian Mesolithic art.
Discuss the Megalithic culture of India.
4. Discuss the main features of urbanization in the 6th century B.C. ?
What were the factors responsible for the rise of Magadha?
5. Write a detailed note on Shungas and Kushanas.
Discuss local polities, ganasanghas and tribal polities in the period 200 B.C. -200 A.D.
6. Discuss Ashoka’s Dhamma.
Discuss the early state formation in Deccan.
Section 3: Answer in about 100 words each.
7. Write short notes on any two of the following:
i) Gautama Buddha
ii) Rig Veda
iii) Mauryan art
iv) Tamil language
There are no reviews yet.