|Course Code :||EHI-01|
|Course Title :||Modern India : 1857-1964|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Maximum Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2020 and January 2021 (2020-21)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2021 (for July 2020 session)
30th September, 2021 (for January 2021 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
Modern India : 1857-1964
Course Code: EHI-01
Assignment Code : AST/TMA/2020-21
Total Marks: 100
Note: All questions are compulsory. Marks are indicated against each question.
Section 1: Answer each question in about 500 words each.
1. Discuss the various stages of colonialism in India. What was its impact on Indian economy? 20
What was the state of Indian agriculture before 1947? What measures were taken to bring about improvements in agricultural production after 1947?
2. Discuss the reasons for the failure of the Revolt of 1857. 20
Write a note on the Non-cooperation Movement.
Section 2: Answer in about 250 words each.
3. Discuss the main characteristics of the popular movements during the second half of nineteenth century. 12
Discuss the relationship between Indian National Congress and the Indian capitalist class.
4. Discuss the early political activities of Mahatma Gandhi after his arrival from South Africa. 12
Write a note on the Indian National Army (INA)
5. Discuss the rise of national consciousness in 19th-century India.
What is communalism? Discuss the process of its emergence in Indian society
6. Discuss the controversies relating to the foundation of the Indian National Congress. 12
Write a note on the Quit India Movement.
Section 3: Answer in about 100 words each.
7. Write short notes on any two of the following: 6+6
a) Bharatendu Harishchandra
b) Home Rule Leagues
c) Government of India Act, 1935
d) Santhal rebellion.
There are no reviews yet.