|Course Code :||EHI-01|
|Course Title :||Modern India : 1857-1964|
|Maximum Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2019 and January 2020 (2019-20)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2020 (for July 2019 session)
30th September, 2020 (for January 2020 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
Modern India : 1857-1964
Course Code: EHI-01
Assignment Code : AST/TMA/2019-20
Total Marks: 100
Note: All questions are compulsory.Marks are indicated against each question.
Section 1: Answer each question in about 500 words each.
1. What do you understand by the term ‘de-industrialisation’? What was its impact on the Indian Economy?
Describe the various types of land settlements in colonial India.
2. Write a note on the social reform movements in nineteenth-century India.
Describe the different stages of the Civil Disobedience Movement.
Section 2: Answer in about 250 words each.
3. Explain the causes of the Revolt of 1857.
Discuss the non-Brahman movements in western and southern India.
4. Write a note on the Swadeshi Movement in Bengal.
In what ways was the Khilafat movement associated with the Non-cooperation movement?
5. Explain the reasons behind the partition of India.
Write a note on the Indian National Army (INA)
6. What were the Cripps Proposals? Why did the Congress reject them?
Discuss the details of the Montagu-Chelmsford reforms.
Section 3: Answer in about 100 words each.
7. Write short notes on any two of the following:
a) Swaraj Party
b) Rowlatt Act
c) Telengana movement
d) Non-Aligned Movement
There are no reviews yet.