CHE-10 English Medium Solved Assignment 2018
Program: Bachelor’s Degree Programme (B.Sc.)
(Valid from 1st January, 2018 to 31stDecember, 2018)
Course Name: Spectroscopy
Course Code: CHE-10
Assignment Code: CHE-10/TMA/2018
- Discuss the vector nature of orbital angular momentum of an electron of the hydrogen atom.
- Explain the origin of D-lines in the spectrum of sodium atom using suitable diagram.
- What is the shape of BF3 molecule? Draw the symmetry elements present in it.
- Illustrate the axis of improper rotation in ethane molecule.
- Draw a diagram for the rotational levels of 12CO and 13CO and comment on the spacing between their spectral lines.
- Derive the following expression:
- Discuss the origin of three bands in vibrational spectrum of HCl.
- Explain the following:
(a) Water molecule has three vibrational degrees of freedom whereas ammonia molecule has six vibrational degrees of freedom.
(b) The carbonyl frequency in esters is higher than that in ketones.
- Draw the vibrational modes of N2O molecule. What is its point group and geometry?
- Discuss the rotational Raman spectrum of CO2 molecule with the help of the suitable diagram.
- Derive the term symbol for the ground state of LiH.
- How does solvent polarity affect π-πx and n-πx transitions? Explain.
- Give reason for the following:
(a) Mercury (II) iodide is brick red in colour.
(b) The aqueous solution of NiSO4 which is pale green turns deep blue on addition of ethylenediamine.
- Draw and explain the NMR spectrum of CH3CHO.
- The hydrogen atoms attached to a double bond are deshielded while in case of alkynes the protons are shielded. Explain.
- Draw and explain the important components of an ESR spectrometer.
- Discuss the ESR spectrum of ethyl radical.
- What is simple cleavage? Illustrate with the help of a suitable example.
- Discuss the expected spectral data for C6H5CH2OH.
There are no reviews yet.