|Course Code :||BSOC-133|
|Course Title :||Sociological Theories|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||BAG / BA (CBCS)|
|Maximum Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2020 and January 2021 (2020-21)|
|Last Date of Submission :||30th April, 2021 (for July 2020 session)
31st October, 2021 (for January 2021 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
Tutor Marked Assignments
Course Code: BSOC–133
Assignment Code: ASST/BSOC 133/ 2020-21
Total Marks: 100
Answer the following Descriptive Category Questions in about 500 words each. Each question carries 20 marks.
1. Compare and contrast Marx’s and Weber’s views on capitalism.
2. Discuss the main intellectual ideas that influenced Marx’s work.
Answer the following Middle Category Questions in about 250 words each. Each question carries 10 marks.
3. In what way was Durkheim influenced by Comte’s idea of positivism? Explain.
4. Explain Weber’s theory of social action.
5. What is an ‘ideal type’ Outline the main characteristics of ideal types.
Answer the following Short Category Questions in about 100 words each. Each question carries 6 marks.
6. What did Marx mean by ‘alienation of workers’?
7. Explain the concept of social fact.
8. Differentiate between mechanical solidarity and organic solidarity.
9. List down the main features of bureaucracy.
10. In what way did Durkheim distinguish between ‘sacred’ and ‘profane’.
There are no reviews yet.