|Course Code :||BSOC-132|
|Course Title :||Sociology of India|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||BAG / BA (CBCS)|
|Maximum Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2021 and January 2022 (2021-22)|
|Last Date of Submission :||30th April, 2022 (for July 2021 session)
31st October, 2022 (for January 2022 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
SOCIOLOGY OF INDIA
Tutor Marked Assignments
Course Code: BSOC –132
Assignment Code: Asst /TMA /2021-22
Total Marks: 100
Answer the following Descriptive Category questions in about 500 words each. Each question carries 20 marks.
1. Describe how society in India is a unity in diversity with suitable illustrations.
Discuss the nature and types of diversities found in India.
2. In what ways did society in India change in terms of its economy and society after 1990’s?
What is the meaning of forest and its produce in the lives of the tribal in Madhya Pradesh? Discuss the loss of their livelihood with examples.
Answer the following Short Category questions in about 250 words each. Each question carries 10 marks.
3. Define the concept of class. Discuss the structure of class in urban India.
How far does the concept of caste determines the village social structure? Discuss.
4. What is a family? How many types of family are found in India? Discuss.
Discuss the role played by binship in India with specifie focus on the village.
5. Describe the relationship between religion and society mentioned by Marx and Weber.
Distinguish between race and ethnicity and discuss their major characteristics.
Answer the following Short Category questions in about 100 words each. Each question carries 6 marks.
6. What is a tribe?
7. How many languages are there in India.
8. What is secularism? Give an example.
9. Define the concept of caste.
10. What is social change?
Keywords: BSOC-132, BSOC132, BSOC 132, IGNOU Solution Guide, Answer Key