|Course Code :||BLI-221|
|Course Title :||Library, Information and Society|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||BDP / BLIS|
|Max Marks :||70|
|Session :||July 2020 and January 2021 (2020-21)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2021 (for July 2020 session)
30th September, 2021 (for January 2021 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
Indira Gandhi National Open University
BLI-221: LIBRARY, INFORMATION AND SOCIETY
TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT
|Coverage: Blocks: 1 to 14 Units: 1 to 14
||Course Code: BLI-221|
|Course: Library, Information and Society
||Assignment Code: AST/TMA/Jul.2020-Jan.2021|
Total Marks: 70
Note: Answer all questions
I) Answer the following questions in not more than 500 words each. (4×10= 40 Marks)
1. What is Information Society? Discuss its different perceptions.
2. What do you understand by copyright? Explain the actions that do not constitute an infringement of copyright.
2. State the characteristics of a profession. Discuss the contradicting views of authors justifying LIS as a profession and not as a profession.
3. Enumerate the different types of information institutions. Discuss their role, functions and services distinguishing between them.
4. Write an essay on the Information Technology Act, 2000.
II) Answer the following questions in not more than 250 words each. (6X5=30 Marks)
1. Explain the role of libraries in facilitating and supporting learning.
2. Discuss the role of IFLA in the development of LIS profession
3. Discuss the transformation of a librarian from custodian of books to a digital librarian.
4. Explain the need and objectives of resource sharing.
5. Discuss the relevance of Five Laws of Library Science in the context of changing information environment.
6. Discuss in brief the role of RRRLF in modernisation of libraries.