BHIE-141 HISTORY OF CHINA (C. 1840 – 1978) Solved Assignment 2022-2023
BHIE 141: HISTORY OF CHINA (C. 1840 – 1978)
(TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT)
Course code: BHIE-141
Assignment Code: BHIC-141/ASST/TMA/2022-2023
|Title Name||BHIE-141 History Solved Assignment 2022-2023|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2022-2023 Course: BA(History)|
|Session||July 2022 and January 2023 sessions|
|Product||Assignment of BAG(History) 2022-2023 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For the students enrolled in July: 30th April
For the students enrolled in January: 31st October
Note: There are three Sections in the Assignment. You have to answer all questions in the
Assignment – I
Answer the following in about 500 words each.
1. Write a note on the New Cultural Movement in China after 1911. Discuss the role
of intellectuals in China’s Cultural Revolution. 20
2. Analyze the economic, social and political programme of People’s Republic in
Assignment – II
Answer the following questions in about 250 words each.
3. Analyse the significance of the Opium Wars in the evolution of the Sino-Western
relation in the 19th Century. 10
4. Write a note on Confucianism and Taoism. 10
5. Discuss the emergence of the Chinese bourgeoisie as a social force. 10
Assignment – III
Answer the following questions in about 100 words each.
6. Write a note on Chinese Communist Party. 6
7. Explain the importance of the Self-Strengthening Movement 6
8. Discuss the consequences of the May Fourth incident. 6
9. How did Marxism emerge in China? 6
10. Briefly discuss post-Mao reforms in China.
BHIE-141, BHIE 141, BHIE141