|Program :||BA / BDP|
|Course Code :||BEGE-101 / EEG-1|
|Course Title :||From Language to Literature|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Max Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2020 and January 2021 (2020-21)|
|Last Date of Submission :|| 31st March, 2021 (for July 2020 session)
30th September, 2021 (for January 2021 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
From Language to Literature
Assignment (Based on Blocks 1-6)
Course Code: EEG-01/BEGE-101
Maximum Marks: 100
1 Show your understanding of literary and non-literary prose by citing examples and discussing them in about 450 words (You may give the source)
2. Fill in the blank in the following passage with suitableprepositions:
The man was playing cards some other people. He tried cheat the others using an extra card. Unfortunately, he was caught the act and wassubsequently shot death.
3. Make five words using the prefix ‘un’ as ‘unusual’
4. Correct the following sentences: (10)
(i) The barn was most large.
(ii) I am going to home.
(iii) Non-violence is a first article of my faith.
(iv) I have cooked lot of food.
(v) She is having a large bank balance.
5. Write short notes the following literary devices, giving examples in each case. (20)
6. Write a passage using rhetorical devices on a person or idea in about 300 words. (20)
7. Write short notes on any TWO of the following giving examples from literary texts (10)
• Extension by Magnification
• Multiple meaning o words
• Overlap of meaning in Concrete Nouns
• Phrasal Verbs
8. Give the meanings of the phrasal verbs used in the following sentences. (10)
a. She is beating about the bush.
b. I have developed cold feet for the job.
c. The boss called for the file.
d. I have decided to call it a day.
e. She rounded up the argument and ended all confusion.